Another weekend over.
Monday, Monday, Monday, why do you like me so, that you feel the need to rush towards your weekly visits? The weekends always seem so fleeting. So many plans, so little time. But, being the weekend, Bear spent most of his time outside with daddy, so I got a chance to make some headway with my reading challenge whenever Chubba Bubba was feeding.
1. The Great Gatsby – F Scott Fitzgerald (fiction, opshop find) *** (Jan 09)
2. Fishing for Stars – Bryce Courtney (fiction, new/gift) ***1/2 (Jan 09)
3. The Time Travellers Wife – Audrey Niffenegger (fiction, re-read for the 736th time) ****1/2 (Feb 09)
4. The Adventure of English:A biography of a Language – Melvin Bragg(non-fiction, re-read for the 312th time) ***1/2 (Feb 09)
5. Vet in a Spin – James Herriot (non-fiction, memoir, re-read) **** (Feb 09)
6. Let Sleeping Dogs Lie – James Herriot (non-fiction, memoir, re-read) ***1/2 (Feb 09)
7. Various Flavours of Coffee – Anthony Capella (fiction, library find) (in progress)
I managed to get most of my housework done on the weekend, so if I can motivate myself to clean the studio, I might just be able to make a start on a quilt I’ve been planning.
But. It’s Monday. Motivation is low. Kick up the backside required. Any volunteers?