Crossing over…

…from one medium to another. A while back I did a little pastel sketch of some purple flowers, and mentioned at te time that I might use it as a basis for a silk ribbon embroidery.

 

So when we went away a few weeks ago, I packed my embroidery box, slapped some paint on some fabric, and ended up with this:

srf

The photo isn’t brilliant, the acrylic wash is more vivd in real life. If I were to do this again, I would use silk embroidery floss, rather than the heavy thread I used here, but it was all I had at the time! I’m quite happy with how the flowers turned out, using three different shades of purple ribbon.

 

I also used the drawing as a starting point for a little watercolour:

wcf

If I had my time over with this one, I would add more depth to the flowers, and possibly layer the sky & grass a bit more, for interest.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.