…from one medium to another. A while back I did a little pastel sketch of some purple flowers, and mentioned at te time that I might use it as a basis for a silk ribbon embroidery.
So when we went away a few weeks ago, I packed my embroidery box, slapped some paint on some fabric, and ended up with this:
The photo isn’t brilliant, the acrylic wash is more vivd in real life. If I were to do this again, I would use silk embroidery floss, rather than the heavy thread I used here, but it was all I had at the time! I’m quite happy with how the flowers turned out, using three different shades of purple ribbon.
I also used the drawing as a starting point for a little watercolour:
If I had my time over with this one, I would add more depth to the flowers, and possibly layer the sky & grass a bit more, for interest.