Ooops. I know I promised a monthly update, but life kind of got in the way. So here’s where I’m up to (in no particular order, just as I remember titles from the last couple of months):
1. Anne of Green Gables – LM Montgomery
2. Anne of Avonlea – LM Montgomery
3. The Brethren – John Grisham
4. A Short History of Nearly Everything – Bill Bryson
5. The Red Queen – Phillipa Gregory
6. The White Queen – Phillipa Gregory
7. The Book Thief – Markus Zusak
8. The Partner – John Grisham
9. PS I Love You – Cecilia Ahern
10. Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy – Douglas Adams
11. Restaurant at the end of the Universe – Douglas Adams
12. Life, The Universe and Everything – Douglas Adams
13. So Long and Thanks for all the Fish – Douglas Adams
14. Mostly Harmless – Douglas Adams
And look at that! Two and a half months in and I’m “done”!! Or not. All but one of these is a re-read, so I’m going to keep going, and try for at least 10 new books this year. I certainly never expected to do as much reading as I did, especially in January. But my husband was home for a couple of weeks, and my mum had time off work as well so had the children a bit. And for most of the past two months, I’ve been quite unwell, which, along with meaning I haven’t wanted to move from the lounge much, also means I’ve had no mojo for crafting and writing. And I’m sure it’s not surprise to anyone when I say, daytime tv is RUBBISH! So whenever I got the chance to sit down for 10 minutes or so, I’d pick up my book. And things like the Douglas Adams marathon were made easier by the fact that our copy of the first four books are in an anthology, so they just kind of run together.
So I will come back and do up a page with everyone listed (with a link to your blog if you have one), and your tally so we can see where everyone is up to! It’s on my to-do list (which is scary long at the minute, but getting there!). I hope you are all enjoying the challenge so far!!
In the mood for some shopping? Head over to Book Depository (affiliate link) to find something to boost your challenge along! If you are instagramming or tweeting, we are using the #thirteen13 tag.
Not signed up yet? Link up here, or just go visit some of the other lovelies joining in the challenge:
Then add the button to your post or sidebar to spread the love:
<div align="center"><a href="http://thedovenest.wordpress.com/tag/1313/" title="Little White Dove"><img src="http://thedovenest.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/13-13button.jpg" alt="Little White Dove" style="border:none;" /></a></div>