…in a book! I have just finished another book for the 50/50, and I read it all in 2 days (far from my all time record, but pretty good with two boys to play with in between turns of the pages!).
2. Fishing for Stars – Bryce Courtney (fiction, new/gift) ***1/2 (Jan 09)
3. The Time Travellers Wife – Audrey Niffenegger (fiction, re-read for the 736th time) ****1/2 (Feb 09)
4. The Adventure of English:A biography of a Language – Melvin Bragg(non-fiction, re-read for the 312th time) ***1/2 (Feb 09)
5. Vet in a Spin – James Herriot (non-fiction, memoir, re-read) **** (Feb 09)
6. Let Sleeping Dogs Lie – James Herriot (non-fiction, memoir, re-read) ***1/2 (Feb 09)
7. Various Flavours of Coffee – Anthony Capella (fiction, library find) ***1/2 (Feb 09)
8. How to help you child read & write – Dr Dominic Wyse (non-fiction, library find) *** (Feb 09)
9. Before I Wake – John Scott (fiction, library find) (in progress, contemplating giving up!)
10. From Here to Maternity – Sinead Moriarty (fiction, chick-lit, library find) **** (March 09)
11. Dog Stories – James Herriot (non-fiction, memoirs, re-read) *** (March 09)
12. The Planets – Dava Sobel (non-fiction, astronomy, new/gift) **** (March 09)
13. Creative Play for Your Baby – Christopher Clouder & Janni Nicol (non-fiction, Steiner based play & craft, new) ***** (March 09)
14. The Writing Class – Jincy Willitt (fiction, light crime/homour, library find) **** (April 09)
15. Australia Street – Ann Whitehead (fiction, drama, library find) **** (April 09)
16. Behind the Bestsellers – Jenny Bond & Chris Sheedy (non-fiction, literature history, library find) ****1/2 (April 09)
17. But Wait, There’s More… – Robert Crawford (non-fiction, advertising, library find) ** (April 09)
18. Sacred Influence – Gary Thomas (non-fiction, Christian marriage, from my neglected collection) **** (April 09)
19. Princesses and Po.rn$tars – Emily McIntyre (non-fiction, modern feminism, library find) **** (May 09)
20. Wings above Billabong – Mary Grant Bruce (fiction, childrens/young teens fiction, well-read favourite) **** (May 09)
21. We Need to Talk About Kevin – Lionel Shriver (fiction, drama, library find)***1/2 (May 09)
22. The Pilot’s Wife – Anita Shreve (fiction, drama, library find) ****1/2 (May 09)
Loved this book. I really got caught up in the story, and was enveloped in the issues facing the main character. Took a different direction to what I expected from the blurb, but still very enjoyable. Looks at issues of trust, relationships, and how well do we really ever know another person. Three thumbs up!
With two tiny boys slumbering peacefully in their beds, the house clean, the washing hung, and a fresh cup of tea by my side, it’s time to take a deep breath, relax ease into the afternoon. I’m going to take anotehr run at tidying the studio – hopefully another half hour or so should see it completely spotless, and then I plan to get it all messy again. A drawing itching to be a painting. Some a couple of sewing projects in mind. Some scrapbooking maybe. My workspace a blank canvas, full of endless possibilities. Embracing the possibilities, getting messy, no plans, no schedules, just lettng the afternoon unfold in it’s own way. Let’s do this!