As stated in my last post, the last few weeks have been somewhat bereft of the fun, messy, creative stuff that recharges my batteries & helps me disconnect from the world. Life got in the way. And I’m cool with that. Life with two tiny children can be unpredictable, and strangely enough, it’s not all about me.
But I still needed something for me. Time out. And what better way than to immerse myself in the written word, expanding my knowledge, challenging my thought process & revisiting some childhood favourites?
2. Fishing for Stars – Bryce Courtney (fiction, new/gift) ***1/2 (Jan 09)
3. The Time Travellers Wife – Audrey Niffenegger (fiction, re-read for the 736th time) ****1/2 (Feb 09)
4. The Adventure of English:A biography of a Language – Melvin Bragg(non-fiction, re-read for the 312th time) ***1/2 (Feb 09)
5. Vet in a Spin – James Herriot (non-fiction, memoir, re-read) **** (Feb 09)
6. Let Sleeping Dogs Lie – James Herriot (non-fiction, memoir, re-read) ***1/2 (Feb 09)
7. Various Flavours of Coffee – Anthony Capella (fiction, library find) ***1/2 (Feb 09)
8. How to help you child read & write – Dr Dominic Wyse (non-fiction, library find) *** (Feb 09)
9. Before I Wake – John Scott (fiction, library find) (in progress, contemplating giving up!)
10. From Here to Maternity – Sinead Moriarty (fiction, chick-lit, library find) **** (March 09)
11. Dog Stories – James Herriot (non-fiction, memoirs, re-read) *** (March 09)
12. The Planets – Dava Sobel (non-fiction, astronomy, new/gift) **** (March 09)
13. Creative Play for Your Baby – Christopher Clouder & Janni Nicol (non-fiction, Steiner based play & craft, new) ***** (March 09)
14. The Writing Class – Jincy Willitt (fiction, light crime/homour, library find) **** (April 09)
15. Australia Street – Ann Whitehead (fiction, drama, library find) **** (April 09)
16. Behind the Bestsellers – Jenny Bond & Chris Sheedy (non-fiction, literature history, library find) ****1/2 (April 09)
17. But Wait, There’s More… – Robert Crawford (non-fiction, advertising, library find) ** (April 09)
18. Sacred Influence – Gary Thomas (non-fiction, Christian marriage, from my neglected collection) **** (April 09)
19. Princesses and Po.rn$tars – Emily McIntyre (non-fiction, modern feminism, library find) **** (May 09)
20. Wings above Billabong – Mary Grant Bruce (fiction, childrens/young teens fiction, well-read favourite) **** (May 09)
Currently deciding on which of two new books to start on…
I have two small boys solidly asleep, and a pile of fun things to get stuck into. My sewing machine, camera & studio are begging my attention. Yesterday’s joy is feeding today’s, and I intend on soaking up every ounce. Let’s do this!