The return of the sew-jo

I finally got a chance to finish a t-shirt for DS that has been “this close” for a couple of weeks now. I’m not sure if the pattern is a bit small, or the fabric I used wasn’t stretchy enough, but the neckhole was too small to comfortably fit over DS1’s head. So with a bit of unpicking and fiddling, I altered the shirt so that one shoulder had press studs (like a lot of baby shirts tend to have). The result wasn’t perfect, but I know how to fix that with the next attempt.

The finished shirt:

ts2

 

And the fiddly bit on the shoulder (press-studs still to be attached)

ts1

For a first, “flying-by-the-seat-of-my-pants” attempt, I’m happy enough that the theory of what I was trying to acheive worked. The next one will be a lot tidier, and better put together. Good thing it’s only a play shirt!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.