An experiment in book-binding.
After seeing some gorgeous books on Etsy, created by “Paperlion“, I was intruiged by the idea of making my own books. I gathered some old cardboard, some excess computer paper & some funky hot pink embroidery floss, and got to work, following a tutorial for coptic binding that I found with assistance of Professor Google. The end result:
And a shot of the binding stitches:
The cover is nothing spectacular, I know, but I only had a spare 2 minutes, and wanted to jazz up the plain cardboard. Now I know what I am doing, I’m going to dig out my old paper-making equipment, and have a go at a bigger, fancier book. I’m still undecided as to what I’m going to use for the cover & binding fibres, but I’ve got plenty to keep me occupied while I make up my mind!
The creative rush is still on, I have just finished another ACEO collage, with another in the works. Plus I have some new stuff coming from Lime Tart which will be lots of fun to get stuck into, and a million and one ideas racing around my head! All I need is the time to bring them all into being…