Half way at half way?
Not quite, I must admit, but only by a whisker!
2. Fishing for Stars – Bryce Courtney (fiction, new/gift) ***1/2 (Jan 09)
3. The Time Travellers Wife – Audrey Niffenegger (fiction, re-read for the 736th time) ****1/2 (Feb 09)
4. The Adventure of English:A biography of a Language – Melvin Bragg(non-fiction, re-read for the 312th time) ***1/2 (Feb 09)
5. Vet in a Spin – James Herriot (non-fiction, memoir, re-read) **** (Feb 09)
6. Let Sleeping Dogs Lie – James Herriot (non-fiction, memoir, re-read) ***1/2 (Feb 09)
7. Various Flavours of Coffee – Anthony Capella (fiction, library find) ***1/2 (Feb 09)
8. How to help you child read & write – Dr Dominic Wyse (non-fiction, library find) *** (Feb 09)
9. Before I Wake – John Scott (fiction, library find) (in progress, contemplating giving up!)
10. From Here to Maternity – Sinead Moriarty (fiction, chick-lit, library find) **** (March 09)
11. Dog Stories – James Herriot (non-fiction, memoirs, re-read) *** (March 09)
12. The Planets – Dava Sobel (non-fiction, astronomy, new/gift) **** (March 09)
13. Creative Play for Your Baby – Christopher Clouder & Janni Nicol (non-fiction, Steiner based play & craft, new) ***** (March 09)
14. The Writing Class – Jincy Willitt (fiction, light crime/homour, library find) **** (April 09)
15. Australia Street – Ann Whitehead (fiction, drama, library find) **** (April 09)
16. Behind the Bestsellers – Jenny Bond & Chris Sheedy (non-fiction, literature history, library find) ****1/2 (April 09)
17. But Wait, There’s More… – Robert Crawford (non-fiction, advertising, library find) ** (April 09)
18. Sacred Influence – Gary Thomas (non-fiction, Christian marriage, from my neglected collection) **** (April 09)
19. Princesses and Po.rn$tars – Emily McIntyre (non-fiction, modern feminism, library find) **** (May 09)
20. Wings above Billabong – Mary Grant Bruce (fiction, childrens/young teens fiction, well-read favourite) **** (May 09)
21. We Need to Talk About Kevin – Lionel Shriver (fiction, drama, library find)***1/2 (May 09)
22. The Pilot’s Wife – Anita Shreve (fiction, drama, library find) ****1/2 (May 09)
23. Double Fault – Lionel Shriver (fiction) **** (May 09)
24. The Last Time They Met – Anita Shreve (fiction) **** (June 09)
Not as rivetting as The Pilots Wife, but holy flippin batcrap, Robin, did the twist catch me out or what! Right up to the last sentence, I still didn’t see it coming! Intriguing concepts of love, loss, and carrying a candle for that one “what if” person.
25. Road to Paradise – Paullina Simons (fiction) (in progress)
So I’ve just missed out on half-half in the 50-50 (ha de ha ha, I do crack myself up at times). Oh well, I’m not doing too shabby – I’m hoping to make all fifty, but if I can even crack the forties I’ll be happy! Today I’m in the sewing room again, making a bag for my sister, and doing some mending. I’m trying to pretend that there is no housework to do, but that would be a lie. Maybe I need to bribe myself – a load of washing and then cut fabric. Fold some clean clothes, sew for half hour… Hmmm… It’s not going to do itself while I sit in front of the computer mores the pity, so let’s do this!